once you arrive in tokyo,
you will be surprised to find that
satoyama jujo is just 80 minutes away.
Once you arrive in Tokyo, you will be surprised to find that Satoyama Jujo is just 80 minutes away by fastest Shinkansen. Especially in winter time, it’s a incredibly different world from other cities, you’ll get surely excited to be in all white surroundings. If you are coming from Kyoto, take the Shinkansen via Tokyo to get here in about 240 minutes. The trek from Kanazawa on the Sea of Japan will take about 180 minutes. Depending on which station you get off at, you can use a taxi or our courtesy car service. See below for details.
FROM TOKYO OR NIIGATA
FROM WEST JAPAN
traveling in the winter
Satoyama Jujo is located in one of the snowiest regions in all of Japan.
More than three meters of snow falls here every winter.
When it is snowing heavily, the inn cannot be accessed without four-wheel-drive.
* If you are not used to driving on snowy roads,
we recommend that you take our courtesy car from Ōsawa Station.
* The courtesy car does not operate when the Joetsu line trains are suspended due to snow. You are asked to take the flat-rate taxi from Echigo-Yuzawa Station if such an occasion should arise.
FROM ECHIGO-YUZAWA STA.
A flat-rate taxi pickup service is available from Echigo-Yuzawa Station for ¥4,000.
* ¥5,000 in winter (December-March).
* Please let us know your arrival time beforehand so we can arrange a taxi for you.
· The taxi driver will be waiting at the West Exit in front of a big doll called Komako.
FROM ŌSAWA STA.
You can also take the JR Joetsu line to ōsawa Station, where our one time a day courtesy car would pick you up.
· Courtesy car pickup time is 14:30, please arrive by then.
· Please make a reservation for the courtesy car pickup service.
· Please let us know your arrival time if you arrive after 14:30,
so we can arrange a taxi for you.